Monday, May 13, 2013

SAMA Weekend Fashion - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

So this Saturday Twitter was a buzz with everyone on black Twitter tweeting about the SAMAs, dissing and complimenting people's outfits. If you are not on Twitter, worry not, we have got your back with the SAMAs Fashion. Most people made an effort and that is always appreciated but stylist's have so much potential to make money here in SA, just saying.

Let's start with the good.

All Hail Queen Lira!!! Her performance was blazing and the gown even hotter. She is wearing a liquid gold regal gown by Gert-Johan Coetzee!! This is beyond amazing!!


Gail and Kabelo Mabalane. He who married the fairest of them all. Gail looked beautiful and hot (as always). I loved their looks, so classy yet understated. Maybe I am biased, I don't know.


Jen Su ROCKED that Gert-Johan Coetzee 3D design dress. I'm glad she kept everything simple and didn't even wear any of her signature hats. Well done Jen!


Reason and wife Musa. I went to varsity with Musa, she was always an all-star-girl. She cleans up really nice. They looked absolutely stunning!! Keep it up guys.


The man of the evening, Khuli Chana. 3 Time SAMA winner. Creative, expressive outfit but mostly I am so happy for him. Patience and hard work pays off. Thatha Chana!!


Danny K and wife. They looked good but people (myself included) couldn't help comparing the wife to Danny's former fiance (Lee-Ann Liebenberg, OMG she is so hot!) Anyhoo, we move on, it's life neh, it happens to all of us.


The bad. Please note, these weren't REALLY bad, I was just on the fence about them. So maybe these are the on-the-fence-about-them outfits?!

Khaya Mthethwa, I really dig the blazer and this outfit looked even better on TV but there is just something about it. Maybe if the pants were a bit not-looking-like denim. I don't know but I am definitely on the fence about this outfit.


In my fashion stylist opinion...this was a miss. Donald dressed by Pulse Home (Paledi) but its too busy. I get what they were going for, a regal look but execution was not as good as the concept.


Zonke! Give her black shoes and this would have been a great outfit. I think as a general rule we should avoid wearing certain white shoes.


Zizo Beda. Here is one beautiful, stunning lady but she has just never moved me when it comes to anything she wears. Maybe if the dress was black or maybe if she hadn't worn it, I don't know!


Micasa. Mmmm guys, this was a mix masala nje straight up.


Kelly Khumalo and her sister. When I saw this dress on TV I thought "WOW, Kelly looks GOOD" then I saw the picture. Too much mesh, whats that bra-like thing and detail is just not that great I'm sorry but I'm not sorry. This looked better on TV!


The ugly, the damn-right-what-were-you-thinking outfits.

Menzi (Sbusiso from Generations) and his partner. Red hair, matchy-matchy outfit and I sure hope he was carrying an iPad. *Sigh*


I was gonna put Sophie Ndaba's outfit here but that one deserves an entire blog post on its own and an open letter to the designer and her friends.

Who were your favourites at the SAMAs?

1 comment: